Science and technology news from Hopkinton Independent School

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunar Eclipse: Photos

Well, I can tell you it's COLD out there tonight! I went out sliding and stumbling across the flooded frozen parking lot at the edge of Stockbridge village, wondering if I was about to break through the ice and plunge into who knows how much green, icy Housatonic flood water...

And did I get some photos of the eclipse? Well... barely.

Here's the eclipse when it was just starting:

You can see that the edge of the moon has slid into the very dim edge of the earth's shadow.

Here's the eclipse about one half hour further along:


Hmm, not much difference there. One problem is these thin, translucent clouds that have covered the sky, so the light of the remaining crescent fattens up the moon in the above photo. Trust me, though, to my eyes, it's a spectacular sight!

No comments: